Sunday, July 25, 2010

That's Appropriate

I just want to describe how I spent my afternoon...

I was sitting on the couch reading the latest issue of Dazed & Confused & listening to Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here on vinyl. Meanwhile the smell of dad's burning cigar wafted through the windows, then he muttered, "That's appropriate", just as 'Have A Cigar' began to play. Mum sat in the lounge reading One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. It was perfection.

Unfortunately I don't yet have my own copy of Wish You Were Here, instead I played my friend Callum's, & it plays beautifully.

Whenever I hear 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' it immediately reminds me of when I saw this unbelievably, totally believable Pink Floyd tribute band. I had actually never heard the song until that night & I recall just being so completely immersed in the environment. I was so relaxed, & light headed, & mesmerised. It was so pitch black, just with coloured lasers flashing in your eyes every now & then. Someone on stage, most likely the keyboard player, was smoking weed. It may have been someone in the wings, but I would like to believe that it was the guy on keys. The smoke was fairly significant, wafting from that left wing & then dispersing into the crowd.
I think a good night was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment