Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cold Dinner, Chain Smoker

Today's mag collection consisted of Dazed & Confused, Yen, Another Man, & Cream.
The cover for Another Man is wicked - Jack White wearing a top hat & heaps of feathers. He looks so much like Johnny Depp in it. Actually, throughout the mag it has the coolest photos I've ever seen of him.

The interview with Jack is the best interview I have ever read, very, very good.
I would recommend that whoever reads this crappy blog, go & buy it! But seeing as though I'm most likely the only person who will read this, I already have it...


My friend at the record shop gave me a copy of Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse - 'Dark Night Of The Soul', definitely something I wouldn't usually listen to simply because of Danger Mouse & his association with Jay-Z haha. But this album is pretty awesome. All the songs are with different artists like Julian Casablancas, Iggy Pop, Flaming Lips, part of Neutral Milk Hotel & some more.

I read a lot of magazines. One thing that I have noticed for the past few months now, is somewhere in each mag is something associated with Tame Impala, & it's still going. From 2 months before Innerspeaker was released & now 2 months after, they're still appearing everywhere. They're just going to keep getting bigger & bigger & BIGGER until they explode & break up & grow old & pursue completely different lifestyles & reminisce of the old times before drugs & cats ruined their lives.

Anyway, the IMPALA BOYZZZ are touring some more & they will be in Brisbane in October & I think I have decided, at this stage, that I will go & see them again. I wouldn't mind seeing them in Melbourne though, that would be good I think. Tickets went on sale today so I'll have to make up my mind very soon.



Image via Another Man magazine

3 comments:

  1. Sweet as news on Impala!
    There was a "false" event on facebook about them doing a show at Uni club in mid August. Lies. Bastards.

    Yeah man go to Melbourne, something different. I'm heading there in 2 weeks to see Florence and the Machine. It's meant tobe a big city with shitloads culture. Excited Big Kev style!
    Regardless, are you headin to Josh's goin away party at the Brewery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. florence should be awesome! she has such a cool tone.

    yeah i've never been to melbourne, but it's meant to be loaded with sweet street fashion & coffee shops & record stores & everything!

    & YES i'm definitely going to his going away party, his & callum's combined - i've gotta say bye to both of them lol. i saw josh at stocklands yesterday & he's like "are you coming or nah" hahaa idiot, i was like "i'm thinking about it, maybe..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you there!!! Be good to catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete