Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Into The Outside

Whenever I have my own house, I will have the following...

A great looking desk with masses of great looking, old smelling books.

A nice looking painting. Actually, many great looking paintings.

Hand sculptures. I almost purchased a big hand that was a wooden carved seat, but I had already blown my budget for the day.

A swing or hammock in a main room of the house/shack.

& of course, a filthy looking sink with the most useless looking toothpaste & brush.

Back to the picture of the wooden hands - I love the acorn & pine cone. Pine cones remind me of when I was little & living in Mackay, there was an abundance of pine trees surrounding where my grandma lives. We would go walking to my aunty's place which was just around the corner & I was so fascinated with these pine cones. So along the way my grandma would have me collect as many as I could, then when we would go back to her place she would have little pots of paint & glitter & crafty bits & pieces & I would sit there for hours just decorating them & making monsters & creatures & god knows what else.

Sometimes I wish I could go back & feel what it was like to be so care-free & actually be able to appreciate it.


Images via theselby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment