Sunday, April 25, 2010

Whatever it is you're looking for, you won't find it here.



Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Cream: Wheels of Fire
Crosby, Still & Nash: Crosby, Stills & Nash
Miles Davis: Bitches Brew
Bob Dylan: Blonde on Blonde
Jimi Hendrix: Axis: Bold as Love
Jethro Tull: Stand Up
Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin II
Joni Mitchell: Blue
The Mothers of Invention: We're Only In It For The Money
Rolling Stones: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out!
Rolling Stones: Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass)
Santana: Abraxas
Neil Young: After The Gold Rush
The Who: Tommy
Simon & Garfunkel: Bookends

Above is the record collection from Almost Famous. I'm working on it...


I FINALLY saw Into The Wild last week! I've been 'going' to see it for about 6 months now & it just kept slipping into the back of my mind. So last weekend my friend Callum suggested we watch it - for him it was approximately his 59th time.
Maaaan did I cry! It was so uplifting & inspiring then BOOOOM!!...

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

After everything he did surviving off the land, it was the freedom & everything that he was striving for, that was his demise - mistaking an edible potato root with a poisonous wild sweet pea.
After watching this movie I had to know more about Christopher Mccandless' background - I read on the trustworthy wikipedia that an autopsy was performed on him & they found that he actually died of starvation & not by ingesting the poisonous plant.
Also, when Christopher decided to leave the bus he was living in, his path was blocked by the Teklanika River, so he was forced to return. Though if he had have taken a rough map of the area, or wandered upstream, he would have found that there was a hand operated tram to cross the river, only a quarter of a mile from where he had tried to cross originally. AND there were cabins stocked with emergency supplies just a few miles from the bus. Then again, even if he knew about the supplies he probably would have chosen not to utilise them.

I want my fruit pie WITHOUT the crust!



This performance sounds incredible - I think so anyway.

3 comments:

  1. You only just saw it now!! I watched it twice and loved it both times. RIP Alexander Supertramp ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. im falling behind. waaaaaaay behind!

    emile is such a babe though, that kind of completed the film i guess.

    you should SO be going to groovin the moo - vampire weekend are playing & their singer ezra could pass for emile's brother, easy.

    HOLY SHIT!! jeopardy is playing n the background & they just had a question as to who stars in "into the wild" - whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally replied to this last night and it got eaten again. I keep forgetting about the word verification and closing the pages before I post.

    I remember saying something about that being heaps eerie about jeopardy, and how it's unfortunate that Emile went on to star in Speed Racer - I don't know what sane person would do that.

    Oh and what time zone do you have this blog set to?

    ReplyDelete