Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hey! You! Get off Of My Cloud

Just a quick late night entry here boooyyz.

Today I passed this guy who had the most magnificently white beard. It was so white that it looked like he had just thrown his chin into a bucket of frothing white paint. It was blinding.

The other day I got a Himalayan Salt Lamp. It's just a big chunk of salt from the Himalayas, that works as a natural air purifier. Because TV's & computer monitors give off positive ions, it pushes the brain wave frequency to the limit which causes stress & headaches, etc, apparently. So the salt lamp gives off negative ions which balances everything out & makes everything happy. It's bizarre but it's meant to be really good for you, like the air near a waterfall or the ocean has the same ion balanced atmosphere. Yes, I did lick it - it's the saltiest, most bitter thing ever.
It did something for my cat. She sat beside it for hours, then I turned it off & she was seeking light. Eventually she sat on a bed facing the sun coming through a window.

I also got 3 more records - Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited, Chicago 16, & Vampire Weekend Contra. Slowly but surely, I'm building my collection.

I'm on 4 days off at the moment. It's suuuch a good feeling not having to be anywhere. I HAVE to clean my room though! As it is, I can't even walk through it. I stand at my door, find a piece of empty ground & jump to it, then try & work around the place from that position. It's repulsive.

I took Hugo for his first walk today. It was quite a difficult task. He's such a hound & because he's a Beagle his sense of smell is through the roof. It was only a short walk down a few streets & he came across this apple core down my street, that he shoved his nose right into. Then come the end of the walk he dropped it at the corner of my street - he had carried it with his the whole time, just carried it, didn't try to eat it or anything.

"Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio." - Hunter S. Thompson

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit that rock looks and sounds amazing. I've never heard of them before. How alternative of you Rhiaan :)

    That white beard thing reminds of driving with my Mum the other day, and we passed this guy going the other way and I'm like "That guy looked like Kenny Rogers" and amazingly my mum goes "Younger Kenny Rogers or old Kenny Rogers?" We concluded that as he had white hair, it must be old Kenny Rogers. Very intellectually stimulating conversation in these parts.

    ReplyDelete