Monday, March 22, 2010

Faded Glory

I just purchased my monthly magazine stash. This time consisting of only Uncut & Zen. Every month the newsagency seems to have less & less of the magazines I want. So each time, I seem to get a different one, which is good I guess because I like seeing who writes about the same stuff & who dares to be different.
The Uncut I got came with a CD which I was lucky enough to get 2 of the same. There's one band on there called Comets On Fire which I listened to on Myspace ages ago & thought they were kinda alright, but I couldn't find their stuff anywhere else. There's also some T Rex & Hendrix in the mag. Good photos.
I was reading some of it about Hendrix & there's a photo of him arriving at his last concert in Fehmarn, Germany on September 9 1970. It's weird because that's my friends birthday & mine is August 18, which was the same date that Hendrix played at Woodstock 1969.

I remember years ago I had this dream when I didn't know much about Hendrix & the dream was just him handing me his white strat. That was it. Then I found out he played that strat at Woodstock, August 18.


Marc Bolan was so cool. His death was so bizarre, how he never learnt to drive because of his fear of dying in a car crash & that was his demise, right near Gypsy Lane (he was a hippy). I like this photo of him heaps...


I just have to throw this one of Angus Stone in, for good measure.

He's so hairy you can hardly see his face.

Now because I have extra days off - I was meant to be in Mackay but the cyclone warnings took precedence - I'm finding I'm not doing much with my days, except walking, reading, watching & listening.
I guess that's what life consists of. On an ordinary day I walk, eat, watch, listen, want, need, laugh & sleep. Each day though, it just varies slightly as to where I walk, what I eat, what I watch, if I decide to listen then what it is I listen to, what I want stays much the same, what I need does too most times, what I laugh at will mostly fall into a category of it's own that not many other people would laugh at, & sleep stays very much the same.
One day though I will quit my job & without any plans I will go & do something zesty - zesty? possibly electrifying? something that will get my bones shaking would be nice.

images via Uncut & Zen magazines

1 comment:

  1. Getting pretty deep there towards the end man. I just realised how cool the name Neptune is.
    Benjamin says hello!

    ReplyDelete