Saturday, September 11, 2010

On The Turning Away...

I just made a quick dash into the mall to find that the record shop door was cracked only half open - I really wanted to buy something, so I pushed my way inside. Luckily there was another man pilfering through the CD's, so I was not alone in my bombardment into the semi-closed shop.

I found myself a copy of Pink Floyd 'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason' & Fleetwood Mac 'Rumours' on vinyl. I'm quite excited.

I'm at work right now, but I'm bursting at the seams to get home & play 'Go Your Own Way' . It reminds me of when I saw Angus & Julia Stone & they covered it with everyone who contributed to that gig - it was amazing.

& AHHHH, I think that's about it!

3 comments:

  1. Angus adn Julia Stone did a cover of that song? That sounds godly. Was that when they were at the Daly? Did you see them then?

    Momentar LApse of Reason, how much did you pay for it? Was that at that blue Guitar shop down the arcade where pet sounds used to live?
    I've been seraching for this record on but they are either brand new expensive or just RARE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah I didn't get to see them here, I saw then in Cairns earlier this year & they were MIND BLOWING!!
    I got it from Revolver & paid $29.95, used. It's a gold stamped promo only one, so that's pretty neat.
    That's pretty average for a record though, I'd rather pay that for a vinyl rather than a CD.

    Did you scope out the record shops when you were in Melbourne??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah! No. I did not even know of any? I had no time, regardless! I ventured along a street that was considered very alternative adn discovered some cool shops and cafes along there, and the biggestop shop in the fcking universe I swear, but sadly no deadly record shops in particular. .. .but to pick a record up like that in TOWNSVILLE I tihnk deserves a massive thumbs up! :D
    I missed out on Angus and Julia :(
    BUT IM GOING TO SEE U2 AAARGH.

    ReplyDelete